Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eastern European Tour

Ok, it's about time I put some pictures up from my adventure.
A couple of weeks ago, I went on vacation with my wonderful ILP group (minus 3, who went to Poland instead.)
We hopped on a big purple double-decker bus filled with Ukrainians, and headed west.
After 24 hours, we arrived in Budapest, Hungary.

A castle

Fisherman's Bastion

Parliament

Parliament

Budapest was kind of a blur; I was so exhausted from the bus ride (lack of sleep, you know)and everything seemed surreal. "Hey guys, remember that one time we went to Hungary?" ".....No."

Next stop, Vienna! We stopped in the beautiful Austrian city for only 4 hours on our way to Prague. We made the most of those 4 hours. We saw all the good stuff. :)





this is what we really wanted to see; Marie Antoinette's childhood summer palace. We hopped on a metro and only got a little bit lost, but thanks to some kind English-speaking Austrian's, we found it. It was stunning. You can't tell from this picture, but there were fountains and gardens and courtyards and statues...it was beautiful!

Prague, Czech Republic was my favorite city. We were there for 4 days, so I really had time to fall in love with it.






Prague was so quaint and lovely. I loved just wandering around, eating gelato, trying not to trip on the cobblestone streets, and seeing all the beautiful sights. I wish I could bottle-up the feeling I had there and take it home to share with everyone, because it's impossible to describe. It's something that has to be experienced.

We went to Dresden, Germany for a day.

We hung out at The Zwinger.

Fed some swans.

Saw some cool buildings.
But I'm going to be 100% honest right now.
We got bored.
In Germany.
After seeing all we needed to see, which only took about an hour or two, we were done. But we still had 4 hours left. So...we sat at a cafe for a while. Then we window shopped. Then we ate some ice cream. Window shopped some more. Shopped. Used the toilet at McDonald's a couple of times.
"Hey guys...remember that one time we got bored in Germany?"

What a GREAT VACATION!! The bus ride back was even longer, but we got to drive through Poland so I saw some beautiful Polish countryside. :)
Europe is beautiful!
And now that it's springtime, Kiev is becoming more and more beautiful every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment